Friday, July 13, 2018

LOSING MY TREKERO BRASS BRACELET IN KOTA KINABALU

My last photo of my trekero bracelet taken during my decent from Mt. Kinabalu, a day before I lost it at Kota Kinabalu airport. 

I lost my precious bracelet at the airport of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. I never understood how it happened that fast. And it happened in just a matter of 15 seconds. 



My P100.00 brass bracelet had been clinging on my left wrist since November 2014. I witnessed how it was molded, heated and formed the traditional way by the natives of Lake Sebu, South Cotabato. It has an engraved "trekero" mark intricately hand-designed according to my wish. Though it costed so cheap, it was so special and precious because I was witnessing all along the effort of the maker transforming a broken old brass faucet into a masterpiece. Along with other crafts in one brass-cooking batch, the whole process took many hours, which started 1 pm and ended 7 pm. After 6 hours of waiting, I finally had it on my wrist. And I never thought our bonding would only last for about 4 years. 

I was on queue to pre-departure area leaving Kota Kinabalu for Manila. That was after my tedious climb at Mt. Kinabalu. I was ordered to remove all metallic objects from my body. It was my turn to enter the beeping gate when I removed my bracelet and handed it back to the tray with my other belongings for x-ray examination. Everyone nearby noticed that antique-like bangle when I handed it.When I got in, I picked up all my belongings and made sure nothing was left behind.

It was when I was about to board the plane when I noticed something unusual. Yes, it's unusual with nothing dangling on my wrist. I lost my "trekero" bracelet. 

And I'm sure someone took it during x-ray examination.

Maybe that's how much I love Kota Kinabalu. I didn't leave there just my heart but also my PRRECIOUSSSSS...   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment