LAKE SEBU is a lofty town of South Cotabato popular to tourists and vacationists. The town is a home to T'boli tribe and is famous for its T'nalak weaving. Lake Sebu got its name from a magnificent lake that scopes an area of 354 hectares. Other major lakes in the municipality are Lake Lahit and Lake Seloton. Lake Sebu is famous of its 7 Falls Zipline because of its breathtaking view. It is also famous for its unique arts and crafts. Different tilapia menus simply make every tourist drool. T'boli culture is still very intact. These and more contribute to the many reasons why Lake Sebu is hailed as the Summer Capital of Southern Mindanao.
WHAT TO DO
1. 7 FALLS ZIPLINE
2. BOATING AT THE LAKE
3. VISIT T'BOLI MUSEUM
4. TREK TO K'NALUM FALLS
|Photo by Journeying Pinay|
5. TREK TO T'DAAN KINI SPRING
6. TREK TO SEPACA SPRING
7. VISIT THE WEAVES OF LANG DULAY, THE WEAVER OF DREAMS (Deceased National Artist)
8. WEAR T'BOLI COSTUME FOR PHOTOSHOOT
9. WITNESS CULTURAL PRESENTATION
10. ENJOY YOUR STAY
HOW TO GET THERE
1. From GenSan--- Take a bus to Koronadal. Take a bus or van to Surallah. Take a jeep or van to Lake Sebu.
2. From Tacurong--- Take a multicab to Isulan. Take a van to Surallah. Take a jeep or van to Lake Sebu.
WHERE TO STAY
1. TOURISM LODGE AND RESTO
2. MOUNTAIN LOG RESORT
3. PUNTA ISLA LAKE RESORT
4. OTHERS (Nadine's Resort, Estares Resort etc)
WHAT TO EAT
1. DIFFERENT TILAPIA MENUS
WHAT TO BUY
1. PASALUBONG ITEMS
1. HELOBUNG FESTIVAL showcasing T'boli Culture is held every November 9-11.
2. Habal-habal is the main means of transfer within the town with minimum fare of P10.00.
3. The fare from terminal to Tourism Lodge and nearby resorts id P15.00.
4. The fare from Tourism Lodge to 7 Falls is P65.00 each minimum of 2.
5. You can hire a habal-habal driver/guide to take you to any spot at P500/day.
6. There's a single ATM available at the Poblacion.
CONTACT: Roy Ungkal, Tourism Office --- 0906-693-1745
Bebot Parreño, Tourism Lodge and Resto --- 0916-521-3939