Friday, March 11, 2016

ENCHANTED RIVER AND TINUY-AN FALLS: The Mystifying Wonders of Surigao del Sur

 

Enchanted River is a cold spring in Talisay, Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur. The jade-sapphire colored water springs out from an unexplored cave. Legends say that the spot is a dwelling place to "engkantos" who protect it. Other mystical tales are told about the mystifying river.



Tinuy-an Falls is the widest waterfall on the country. It measures 95 meters wide and 55 meters high. This multi-tiered waterfall in Burboanan, Bislig, Surigao del Sur is tagged as Niagara of the Philippines.


Everybody must have been to these places in Surigao del Sur.

Just like everyone else, I was excited to visit this one-stop tourist spots in Surigao del Sur. Along with Britania Islands, these spots are closely situated with one another.

It was a long weekend. As commuter, I reached Enchanted River via habal-habal from Bislig City. The road is not bad though. Dust is not new to a rustic trekker. 

When I alighted from a bumpy ride, the crowd somewhat dazed me. Was I in a carnival? A festival? All I saw was a big, big crowd.

I found my way down to the river avoiding encounters coming to and fro via not so narrow steps. And there I stood among the crowd. The river was truly enchanting, the blue water so tempting. Colorful fishes added its attraction. But the crowd drowned me disenchanted. I haven't even touched the water. Well, a tourist spot is for everyone. Everyone... 



Everybody enjoyed, some diving, dipping and simply watching and cheering the exhibitors. 
  





Exhausted, I went back to a friend's house, took a nap and decided to proceed to Tinuy-an Falls late afternoon with a hope to avoid the crowd.

It was around 3 pm when I traveled to Tinuy-an Falls. The sun was still up and scorching. When I dismounted the habal-habal, excitement was still gushing out. 




The falls is truly wonderful! I agree it being tagged like Niagara. It is undoubtedly awesome. No wonder hundreds of people flock up enjoying its wonder. The crowd, however, never overpowered its beauty. 



Yet, it started to get dark when I kept in touch with the waters. I found it hard to capture the falls in slow shutter. 




Still I enjoyed. I went home with a thought of next visit. 

A thought that if I want to fully enjoy these wonders, better not go during holidays, weekends and peak summer seasons. And not to visit them late afternoon if I don't wish to stay overnight.


HOW TO GET THERE: It's all over the net.

1 comment: